|Posted by tarastoyland on August 31, 2019 at 1:00 PM|
Recommended sleep times:
So what is the right amount of sleep? Fifteen years ago the sleep charts were what I believe to be correct. But somewhere in the last 2 decades the charts have been modified. Here is the sleep chart *I* believe in (the one that was around many years ago).
* Newborn to 4 months old - 19 to 22 hours in a 24 hour period
* 4 months old to 12 months old - 12 hours at night, (may have a feeding after the first few hours when Mommy is ready to go to bed for the night), two to three naps of 2 to 3 hours each
* 12 months old to 2 years old - 12 hours at night, two naps of 2 hours each (eliminating the morning nap gradually but if behaviors gets bad you may have to add it back).
* 2 years old to 5 years old - 12 hours at night, 2 to 3 hour nap
* 6 years old to 10 years old - 11 to 13 hours a night
* 10 years to adult - 8 to 10 hours a night